Blog Hop: Perfect Match

Last week (or was it the week before?) Amanda posed the question: if you could have any mare in the world, who would it be, and who would you breed her to?

I've actually spent a lot of time thinking of this and I had an amazing answer. I don't think it would really work anymore because unfortunately, the stallion I liked has since passed away. But let's play this game assuming there's a vault of frozen straws somewhere (hey -- there might be!!)

First: I'd buy a Thoroughbred. Shocker, I know. But I'd get a Thoroughbred mare with bloodlines I really liked, that was put together nice. I'd like it to be something of an age I can ride, compete and enjoy myself before we get down to baby making.


But if she's older I'm fine with that as well.

Ideally she'd have El Prado and Mecke in her bloodlines. And Blushing Groom, if I'm feelin' lucky.

This is a nice El Prado lady.

Actually scratch that, I'd take this one:

This one's sire is LEROIDESANIMAUX, and her damsire is Mecke.
Except she was actually a successful racehorse so it might
take some coercion for a sport horse baby.

OR a very good friend of mine has an excellent mare with Pulpit that I wouldn't say no to. I foxhunted her once and she was a gem. Amazing gallop and jump on that horse.

That's me up front, ruining the field with my purple hair.

Her oven works too LOOK AT THIS CUTE THING SHE MADE
coming to a track near you to kick your butt.

Now that we've procured probably seven Thoroughbred mares because I can't help myself, we come to the vault of frozen straws. They're from a Connemara named ArdCeltic Art. He passed away when he was only ten, and it's such a damn shame because he was something. He was competitive with his amateur owner and rider, up to some of the highest levels of eventing. He also scored over 70% in the dressage, up to fourth level.

I stole all these pictures off the internets
He's also impossibly cute.




Come spring, this beautiful little baby will hit the ground:


I think I'd want it to be a gelding, but a really stellar mare would make my heart go boom too. Hopefully he/she will mature around 16hh, with excellent conformation and personality for days. And it'll have cute little fuzzy ears like that, too.

So excited for imaginary foaling season!!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I think I have a future as a hypothetical breeder.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I will take that cuteness any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible I just want it to be cute. What's the cute factor of warmbloods?? I'll take a part pony...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'll make a couple for me and my closest friends :P

      Delete
  4. Oh, I followed him! He was really neat and that would be an awesome foal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments so much, it makes me want to give you a BIG hug.

Popular Posts