Rapidfire Reviews


My favorite season to ride is finally here. Tantrum-like rainstorms aside, it's been super beautiful out. The leaves are putting on a show and my Instagram feed is full of gorgeous scenery. I highly recommend Liz and Olivia for maximum fall-ness.


Spicy and I have been doin' that werk. I've been exercising, he's been actually in consistent (ish) work. We're almost a week into a treatment of GastroGuard. It's been a busy couple of months!

Doing homework while waiting for the chiropractor

A full write up of what we've been up to is on it's way but in the meantime, have a couple of rapid fire reviews. Enjoy your week, where ever you may be! And Happy Halloween!

eGlove
On a whim, I got these as an impulse purchase. Three guesses as to why, and the first two don't count.



At the price point, these gloves are lovely. I've been using them for a few weeks and I really do like them! The fit was true to size. Their size chart recommended an X-Small, and they fit perfectly.


+ Color is amazing
+ Fast, cheap shipping from the UK
+ Color didn't bleed AT ALL.
+ Touchscreen feature on the gloves work fabulously

- Purple has discolored slightly from sweat, horse slobber, the tears of my enemies, etc.



Blackrock Leather Conditioner
I'm reviewing this because I saw Riding Warehouse is now carrying it. I've actually had it for years, and my tin is decidedly less fancy (and less hipster looking). My tack shop carried it and Big D's has also carried it for ages.


My tin (on the left) is decidedly less fancy. still great stuff inside!!

This is the ONLY thing I use to polish my riding boots. I've never used it for anything except riding boots. It's not colored so it's not as fiddly as using black boot polish. I just put some on and buff it with a paper towel (as instructed). I've used it on everything from my cheap Ovation tall boots to my custom Dehners and it shines them all up beautifully. My one container was purchased seven years ago so for the price point, it's great value. I don't have any negatives about this product.


Tiger Tongue
Everyone has already reviewed these, and I think they should be standard in a Thoroughbred grooming kit. Just wanted to toss in that I used it to give Spicy a bath with really great results. I think I used 1/4th of the shampoo I normally use to do a bath! It also does a great job getting the soap out of their hair when you're rinsing.

Not excited about the bath.

I love under $10 horse items that are also awesome. Anyone else have any cheap must haves that make their barn life WAY easier?

Comments

  1. Ooohhhh I hadn't yet thought about shampoo sudsing better in the tiger tongue. BRILLIANT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soooo great. I used to use a jelly scrubber and i can't believe how much less shampoo I use now.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm I may have to try the Blackrock on my boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dooo it. Especially because you have black AND brown boots!

      Delete
  3. I really want a tiger tongue to try out. So many great reviews on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh on the blackrock for boots!! thanks for the recommendations! we have colored leaves here but alas so much effing water on the ground that it would be better to do the breaststroke on it than actually RIDE on it. UGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's not good when you have to calk the car and float down to the barn. Do you have swimmies for remus? Maybe he needs them :P

      Delete
  5. I just discovered a sponge with tigers tongue on one side and it's my new favorite thing. I like your purple gloves a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOH interesting!! is it like a horse bath sponge? The purple gloves are great, and they have a bunch of other really pretty colors as well. I'm not into teal but I almost wish I was.

      Delete
    2. They call it the power shower! https://www.bigdweb.com/product/epona+april+power+shower+sponge+with+tigers+tongue.do
      The gloves don't come in hunter green! Can you believe it?

      Delete
    3. well it's not CALLED hunter but they do have a 'dark green':

      https://www.eglove.co.uk/buy-equestrian-gloves/horse-riding-gloves-equest-grip-leather-darkgreen

      Delete
    4. I missed those! Thank you! (Or not... cause now I need them.)

      Delete
  6. Cactus cloth! I bought one last year and that thing is THE BEST for getting sweat marks off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooo that's a really solid idea. I used to have this like bit of netting that did an okay job removing sweatmarks but they are still the bane of my existence!! Might have to get a cactus cloth

      Delete
  7. That blackrock polish sounds great. I’ll have to get some. I’m also off to google tiger tongue. ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments so much, it makes me want to give you a BIG hug.

Popular Posts