Runkle's April Field Trips

Runkle has been a busy little bee in April. He's been out on little field trips every week (except this weekend, where I get to go on a field trip and he stays home).


These have been great for him. Did you know he could tie to the trailer?? Because I didn't! And he was a total champ for our first foray to Assunpink. I had never been there before myself but it's a popular spot for riders in the NJ area. The trails are well maintained and there's plenty of open space. Runkle got to hang out with his best buddy Klein.



He also somehow managed to fall off the trailer ramp because he was trying to back up and look at the same time. This is why we ship in boots, Runkle.


I was kind of surprised how well behaved he was. A few days before I had done a lap of the perimeter at home and he was a wild animal - doing little baby rears and galloping sideways. Of course we go off the property to a strange place with 30mph winds and he was a perfect angel.



The next week I took him back to Flora Lea for cross country schooling. Unfortunately (fortunately?) he's starting to figure out his job and enjoy it. I actually started asking him some little baby questions. He was honest as hell but got a little gallopy towards the end.









He also got hind shoes and all four tapped for studs. My little baby, growing up.


Comments

  1. He's a REAL event horse, look at him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?? i mean not like he was scrawny and awkward before but he was definitely coltish and now he's an adult.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like he is REALLY growing up! Glad you're both having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my little baby *wipes tear* god help us when i have human children

      Delete
  3. yeah he's a fully blown teenager nowadays :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really is looking super fancy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yassss i am so excited to see the pieces coming back together after splintmaggedon!!!! it's funny tho. my horse is most likely to gallop sideways in the fields at home, vs in new and seemingly-would-be-spookier places. maybe bc home is boring and he knows where the stall / field / grain room is? who knows. also my horse also has been known to fall off his trailer ramp. which is like, kinda awkward when his giant self eats shit.... but he hardly ever seems to notice soooo, i guess it's ok?... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's beautiful. It sounds like the two of you are having a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so grown up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments so much, it makes me want to give you a BIG hug.

Popular Posts