October 2017 Goals: Whatever Happened to Accountability

I've been slacking. I don't want to point fingers but I may or may not have fallen off the 'responsible life wagon'. This time last year I was prepping for my first beginner novice (that got derailed by Splintzilla) and my first half marathon. I was the fittest I've been in my life. Now I get out of breath walking down two flights of stairs to get coffee.

What happened?

Well, for starters, my life exploded. Losing your due north (your horse), moving, and getting in a horrible car accident tend to shove your goals and priorities into different places. Also, I like eating. Eating makes me feel good. Getting up early to exercise does not. So, you know. Healing through waffles.


Looking for these made me so hungry.


Once you get in a rut it's harder to get out. But I've been noticing my rut more lately. I've been acknowledging it and even talking about it. And then the bump out of the rut was this weekend, when my trainer called me out. And while it stings to have someone you respect tell you they can see your lack of commitment to Sparkle Motion it doesn't make it less true. So here I am, recommitting myself to Sparkle Motion.


How better to do that than on a public forum? Yell and throw things if I deviate.

Indy
- Work on booty-enhancing exercises. Transitions, between and within gaits as well as trotty poles.
- Get his teefs floated
- Incorporate more hacks on the weekends in addition to regular flatwork.
- Stick to at minimum five rides a week.

Me
- I'm currently overhauling my diet and exercise plan. Half a calzone does not an athlete make. I'm on day 2 officially of like... eating vegetables (ew) and working out EVERY DAY (ew???). We'll see how that goes. Last night I got outrageously overexcited about my 'slice of bread' pre-bed snack. And I have an egg in my purse.

I may be out of salad, but I have an egg in my purse.

- Partake in 2ptober!!
- Be more consistent blogging... like, two posts a week again, Megan? Plz?

Bring it October. IT'S ON.

Comments

  1. You are some ambitious. I need a nap just from reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually i am so amped from doing more than sitting on the couch i have had one cup of coffee today and i am bouncing off the walls

      we'll see how long it lasts.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a solid plan! I think you'll do just fine with it all!
    I wish I could be all, yeah! ME TOO! But really I'm fat and lazy, and don't really see that changing soon. Maybe I'll hop on this bandwagon come spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Love the egg in the purse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on the last year was so much better and then food/life got in the way!!! But sounds like you're on the right track :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully!! right now 'the right track' feels like very sore legs..

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the exercise plan. Those waffles look good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay more blogging and yay 2ptober and yay to more hacking out! When Charlie rejoins the land of the living can we plzzzz trail ride at fair hill???? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh those waffles though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooof! That's a lot to take on all at once, but good for you girl! Getting called out sucks, but it's awesome when your trainer can get real with you. We're down for hacks anytime you wanna go:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. good, can you motivate me. I do not like that all the bulges have come back from a few years back. UGH. Remus might be in better shape than me now (tho it is a toss up) Good for you for setting goals. (Oh and if you drop your egg while getting it out of your bag, it is easier to peel (wouldntknowthiswouldI?) I did this very thing yesterday and my coworker was in my office talking to me when i darted under my desk to grab my runaway egg. HA HA (Those waffles look yummy)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely agree. I felt really adrift when I sold my horse, wrapped up grad school and then moved. It's like all the buildup culminated into this huge crescendo and then anticlimactically finished. Because life keeps chugging forward. Finding the motivation to chug chug chug along is tough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments so much, it makes me want to give you a BIG hug.

Popular Posts