November Goals

Let's see how we did for October, shall we?

Indy
- Work on booty-enhancing exercises. Transitions, between and within gaits as well as trotty poles. His butt is so much stronger already, we're upgrading to more advanced booty work!
- Get his teefs floated  Teefs are successfully floated!


lol.

- Incorporate more hacks on the weekends in addition to regular flatwork. I think I could've done better on this. The whole month I think I did one hack around the property. Some of it was weather related, a lot of it was darkness related and festivity related. 'Tis the season to... have a million things to go to.


Why do hackamores insist on being that horrible light brown??
Whatever, I dyed it.
- Stick to at minimum five rides a week. I think I had one week where I didn't accomplish this, so I'm gonna count it as a win.

Me
- I'm currently overhauling my diet and exercise plan. Half a calzone does not an athlete make. I'm on day 2 officially of like... eating vegetables (ew) and working out EVERY DAY (ew???). We'll see how that goes. Last night I got outrageously overexcited about my 'slice of bread' pre-bed snack. And I have an egg in my purse. This has probably been my biggest success. Diet is still going well, exercising every day with just a couple missed over the month. I've lost eight pounds and I'm WAY fitter already.


It helps when your girlfriend is good at cooking and
makes healthy quiche.
- Partake in 2ptober!! I don't know why but this didn't take off for me. I think because I get to the barn so late, I feel like I don't have time to walk around in two-point for ten minutes. Also did anyone else get discouraged by people with 10000% improvement???
- Be more consistent blogging... like, two posts a week again, Megan? Plz? I got this mostly. I'm gonna call it a win.

And now, the fun part. Goals for November!

Indy
- First show on the 5th! Stay in the ring and on the horse for both dressage and jumping phases.
- Go to a hunter pace or cross country schooling.



- Get scoped for ulcers.
- Work on canter transitions.
- Incorporate more weekend outside ring work!!



Me
- No Stirrup November!!!! Anyone wanna figure out a way to quantify this? One bareback/stirrupless ride a week? Warm up without stirrups? I'm open to suggestions.
- Practice driving the trailer around. Like, a lot. There's a story behind this.
- Keep up the diet & exercise plan. This'll be hard because... yanno. Turkey. It's coming.
- Stick with two posts a week, and try and come up with a 'weekly column' type post.


He was licking me :P

Comments

  1. Look at you knocking out goals like a champion!! (No I am not looking at mine. I literally did one two point ride ALL MONTH.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. why dye brown when you could have DIY'd bright purple???

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty inspiring post! I need to write down some actual goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl. Killed it for October. Best of luck on the 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing AWESOME!!! Get it!! If you get a fancy bareback pad you could really up your No Stirrup November game, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re. No stirrup November: Remove the stirrups and leathers from your saddle, lock them up, give the key to someone who won't succumb to your whining.

    Re. Blogging: Enter this contest in the personal blog category as an at-large entrant. NJ doesn't run it's own contest. I manage the national side of the contest and think you would do well.
    https://nfpw.org/wp/communications-contest/

    Good job in October

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! You had a productive month, and I'm totally impressed with your diet and exercise commitment. I think my exercise has improved, but as I posted about on Tuesday, the diet not so much!
    I can't really do no stirrup November since I have a really spooky equine that I ride in the dark every night... But when I used to attempt to partake, I always warmed up with my stirrups. I think it's only fair to the horse to let them warm up before plopping around up there like a potato. Granted, most riders are less potato-y than I, but I just think it's better for them to be warmed up first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay on all your goals and i hope today went well, cant wait to read about it! And want to read the trailer story that makes you need to drive it around more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently trying to work myself up to a full ride by the end of the month starting backwards from cool down because #babyhorse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments so much, it makes me want to give you a BIG hug.

Popular Posts